- Where do the dogs stay while they're boarding? Each dog has a clean, spacious canine condo complete with comfy bedding and bowls for food and fresh water. There is a solid divider between each dog's area so they have a sense of privacy and protection.
- What do the dogs do during the day? The dogs wake up bright and early at 6:30 am and head out for their first potty break. After breakfast and a short rest to digest, group play begins. Dogs enjoying the 'All About Play' program will typically play for a 2-3 hours at a time, with periodic rest in their condos all throughout the day. Dogs enjoying the 'VIP' program will begin their 3 daily activities and have all day long to be spoiled exactly as you desire! Dinner is served around 5pm, followed by a short break and some more play before they hit the hay for the night.
- Do I have to pay an additional fee for daycare when my dog is boarding? When you choose K9 Kingdom for boarding, your dog will receive the entire play day at no additional charge (All About Play package). We do not charge separately for boarding and daycare when staying overnight.
- Will my dog be lonely? Not a chance! We offer a VERY friendly and fun environment, where the comfort and safety of your dog always comes first! It'd be hard for anyone to be lonely! While your dog will always be happy to be reunited with you, we are thrilled to see the dogs are also eager to come back and see us too.
- What happens at night? Your dog will be secured in his or her personal condo for the night to rest up in between busy play days. Most K9 Kingdom dogs are exhausted at the end of the day and can’t wait to get some well needed sleep. Our building has sprinklers and alarm systems to keep the facility secure.
- My dog is house trained. Will this be a problem in your indoor facility? Naturally, 99.9% of K9 Kingdom dogs are house pets and house trained. We monitor dogs to make sure they are going potty normally and will address any issues as needed. Many of you may be concerned that dogs will adopt indoor bathroom habits after their time at K9 Kingdom. However, K9 Kingdom is a unique environment unlike anyone’s home, and this indoor behavior will rarely if ever reverse your dog’s bathroom habits at home. At K9 Kingdom, dogs see and sense where other dogs go to the bathroom and follow suit accordingly.
- What do I NEED to bring? We recommend bringing your dog’s own food so that he or she remains on the same diet and does not end up with any digestive issues due to change in food. You are welcome to bring any bedding, as long as it’s not too large. Please note that we cannot guarantee that your bedding will be cleaned at the end of your dog’s stay. You are also welcome to bring any medications that your dog requires while boarding.
- Can I bring my dog's own toys? Sure! While we do have plenty of toys available for use during daycare sessions, you're welcome to bring a few familiar toys from home that we can keep in the condo. Please be sure that all belongings are clearly labeled as they may be removed from the condo for periodic cleaning.
- Do you accept raw food? We accept many different types of food, but have chosen not to accept raw meat because of the human health concern of handling raw meat. There are some frozen and formulate raw diets that may work well as an alternative during boarding. Please call for suggestions.
back to top
- What is Doggie Daycare anyway? Our daycare dogs are off-leash, socializing, and playing in our huge indoor area. They participate in ball fetching, wrestling, chasing games, and all realms of doggie fun! If desired, you may provide lunch and/or snacks which will be given during the visit. Dogs will also take advantage of "nap time" during the day to allow for much needed breaks.
- Do the dogs ever get breaks or do they play 12 hours straight? Doggie naps provide a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of doggie daycare. We offer lights-out time with music and dogs resting in individual crates or condos. Hours of group play without a break can become stressful for even the most social creatures, and we strive to provide a balance of stimulating play and relaxing wind-down time.
- Does everybody really get along? Do they ever fight? We utilize a screening process to make sure that all dogs entering doggie daycare are likely to be good candidates. Most importantly, we ensure that the dogs are supervised at all times by people that are trained in off-leash dog behavior. Dogs that are monitored and managed properly in a daycare setting like ours get along much better than you'd expect!
- Do you separate giant dogs from little dogs? Yes! We have a special area set aside for small dogs at all times. This gives the wee ones a chance to let loose and play freely without worrying about being stepped on! Even though most of our large dogs would get along with small ones just fine, we maintain a strict policy for everyone's safety.
- What are the requirements to have my dog enrolled into Doggie Daycare? Please refer to our New Customers page to start the process. Once we have all of your paperwork, you will come in for your free evaluation which is really just a closely monitored play day for your dog.
- Does my dog have to be spayed or neutered? Puppies under 7 months are welcome to come and play before they get spayed or neutered. Early socialization is important! However, all dogs over 7 months old must be spayed or neutered for safety reasons. We require that all dogs are healthy and free of contagious illnesses as well.
- What are the hours for daycare? Daycare is available Monday-Friday from 7:00AM to 6:30PM. You may pick up and drop off anytime during these hours, however we will always ask for approximate times so that we can schedule naps accordingly.
- Do I have to schedule a reservation for daycare? We strongly recommend making a reservation in advance so that we can guarantee a spot for your dog and also ensure we have the appropriate staff to care for your dogs. We most often have last minute availability, so feel free to give us a call if you want to confirm availability.
- Will my dog(s) be supervised during daycare? Yes! Our staff of trained K9 Care Specialists will provide non-stop supervision to help ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests.
- How can I be sure the play place is clean? The sanitation of K9 Kingdom is a constant and ongoing process. Only the highest quality, pet safe, and industry specific disinfectants are used in our facility. Your dog's safety, health and happiness are our highest priorities.
- How will my dog act when he gets home from daycare? Dogs generally will drink a lot of water, eat, and sleep through the night after leaving K9 Kingdom. As a precaution, we recommend waiting for 15-30 minutes to feed your dog to avoid any complications associated with eating soon after a day of active play.
- Are there any breed restrictions at K9 Kingdom? We welcome all breeds into our facility for daycare, boarding, and grooming. We do not "breed" discriminate; however, we will "dog" discriminate if your dog does not socialize well in our group play environment or if your dog shows aggression towards our groomers. Certain breeds are more prone to aggression, or when aggressive they cause more damage, so we pay special attention to those pups!
back to top
- What does Full Service Grooming include We provide a thorough shampoo and scrubbing (usually 2-3 times to cleanse and condition the coat), towel drying, blow drying, and brushing out. We also trim nails and clean ears with every Full Service Bathing or Grooming service. Anal glands may be expressed upon request for no extra charge.
- What type of Shampoo do you use? Can I bring my own? We have scoured and sampled several lines of professional shampoos to find our favorites. We use products from Natural Groomer and EZ Grom that are formulated to achieve professional results. The main ingredients include Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, and other natural plant extracts. These are all designed to be gentle on sensitive skin, and soothing for dry or irritated skin. While we do allow you to bring your own shampoo, we won't be able to use anything that is not specifically formulated for pets. Human products are designed for a different pH and can be damaging to the dog's skin and coat.
- What else can I do for my dog during Grooming or Bathing? We have a fabulous Low-shedding treatment that gets out all the extra undercoat and slows down the shedding process. This can be repeated every 4-6 weeks, or only during shedding seasons. Each pet's need may vary. We can also provide teeth brushing, nail grinding, and nail painting upon request! Additional charges apply.
- How far in advance do I need to plan? Due to the popularity of our grooming and bathing services, we usually need at least one week advance notice to find an appointment that is convenient to your schedule. If you require an evening or weekend appointment, please plan farther ahead to be safe. We are happy to set up standing appointments on a regular schedule. Pre-holiday appointments are always in high demand! Simply call at any time to see what's available.
back to top